The third annual Tim Williams Scholarship Fund Pancake Breakfast was a success Saturday at Fort Campbell High School.
Bill and Kim Williams hold the event each year at the school to honor their son who collapsed at the end of a football practice on July 28, 2009, and died the next day at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in Nashville.
“We’re so thankful for the support that we’ve gotten from the Fort Campbell Falcon family,” Bill Williams said. “Because of their generosity in both time and money, we’ll be able to purchase brand new laptops for up to four graduating Falcon linemen.”
Williams said about $1,500 was raised Saturday morning.
Adam May is the sports editor for The Eagle Post. Reach Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Fort Campbell
- ARTICLE: Hoeltke named to all-district team
- ARTICLE: Macarenas, Zach Lee named to all-district
- ARTICLE: Hix sets state pole vault record at 11-6
- ARTICLE: Fort Campbell marks Memorial Day
- ARTICLE: SCHEDULES & SCORES
More about Tim Williams
- ARTICLE: FCHS laptops fundraiser reset for Saturday
- ARTICLE: Last Linemen for Laptops event set for Saturday
- ARTICLE: Don’t measure Berner by numbers alone
- ARTICLE: Memorial fundraiser brings laptops to team