The season is barely underway, but things are looking good for the Fort Campbell High School volleyball program.
For the eighth year in a row, the Lady Falcons won their season opener. They defeated district foe University Heights Academy 3-2 (28-26, 22-25, 25-17, 20-25, 15-11) Thursday in Hopkinsville.
Head Coach Tildea Spain told the Kentucky New Era that she was pleased with the team’s effort considering they had very little practice.
“They’ve only been doing this for about two weeks. No conditioning or anything,” she said.
Spain recently told the Eagle Post she is looking to Maegen Cobos, Amanda Ellis and Janna Moore for leadership this season and said they have been “awesome” so far.
The Lady Falcons will look to make it 2-0 Thursday evening at 7 p.m. at Todd County Central when Fort Campbell will face the Lady Rebels.
Fort Campbell lost 2-0 and 2-1 the two times they faced TCCHS last year.
Adam May is the sports editor for the Eagle Post. Reach Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Fort Campbell
- ARTICLE: Foster assumes garrison CSM duties Tuesday
- ARTICLE: SMA Dailey holds town hall on post
- ARTICLE: High school sports
- ARTICLE: Five states’ licenses not allowed as post ID
- ARTICLE: Ashton Carter visits Fort Campbell
More about Sports
- ARTICLE: Fort Campbell’s cross country teams run in the rain
- ARTICLE: FC golfers compete in 2nd Region Tournament
- ARTICLE: Lady Falcons defeat Webster County
- ARTICLE: Girls’ soccer hopes success carries over into playoffs
- ARTICLE: FCHS boys’ soccer team has light schedule ahead